1. Perform on-time pick up and delivery of passengers.
2. Operate emergency and wheelchair equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
3. Conduct daily pre-trip inspections of vehicle to be used including the wheelchair lift (if so equipped) and submit report to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor.
4. Comply with DSNWK policy regarding passenger safety, i.e. require seat belts appropriate rider conduct, etc.
5. Ability to make change and sell tickets.
6. Must balance manifest at the end of each shift.
7. Must keep vehicle and stall clean, free of litter, and swept.
8. Must be able to adapt to change in schedule as needed.
Complete other duties as assigned by Transportation Manager.
Report any problems with vehicle to mechanic.
Report any accident immediately and fill out accident report form.
Education - High School diploma, equivalent preferred. CDL preferred.
Experience - Public transportation experience preferred.
Extent of physical effort required - Ability to push and pull weights in excess of 150 pounds on a regular basis. Repetitive twisting turning bending and stooping required.
Successful participation in Drug and Alcohol testing program as per agency policy.
Valid drivers license.
Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.