1. Dispatch public transportation vehicles and assists drivers with issues as they arise.
2. Answer dispatch phone and handle phone calls in a professional manner.
3. Perform next day "Scheduling".
4. Make appropriate changes to routes, as necessary.
5. Verify driver's cash and ticket income.
6. Prepare nightly deposit.
7. Create daily/multi-day schedules for clients.
8. Answer main phone line, as needed.
9. Create new clients and Geocode new addresses.
10. Turn in complete and accurate paperwork in a timely manner.
11. Report any dispatching related questions or concerns to the Lead Dispatcher.
Complete other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager and/or Lead Dispatcher.
Responsible for keeping work area and Dispatch office neat and clean.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience - Dispatching and/or data entry experience preferred. Basic computer knowledge. Basic knowledge of locations in Hays, Kansas.
Extent of physical effort required:
Routine job requirements. Little if any behavior or other physical intervention.