1. Perform a preventative maintenance schedule, as assigned, for developmental centers, residential locations, and office areas and check facilities and equipment for potential problems.
2. Perform general maintenance of DSNWK properties as assigned.
3. Estimates supplies and time needed for each job. Purchase required building/equipment supplies in a cost effective manner.
4. Builds and/or maintains specialized equipment for consumer use as needed (Assistive Technology).
5. Perform small welding and/or metal fabrication jobs.
6. Paints existing as well as new work. Works with staff to insure as little interruption to staff and consumers as possible.
7. Troubleshoots and repairs existing electrical wiring and/or installs new circuits.
8. Performs plumbing work such as but not limited to: installing new water/sewer lines (remodeling), repairs/replaces old lines, resets toilets, replaces faucets, opens toilets, and sewer lines.
9. Performs general carpentry.
10. Repairs sheetrock and tile walls. Installs and finishes new drywall.
11. Installs small areas of flooring, works with contractors in preparing areas for larger installations.
12. Troubleshoot appliance problems before calling repairman.
13. Instructs DSNWK staff on how to do minor maintenance.
14. Maintain accountability of DSNWK property.
15. Keep Housing Services Manager informed of facility conditions, potential problems, work completed and work pending.
16. All other duties as assigned.
Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Administrative Services or Housing Services Manager.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience - Five years experience with general maintenance required.
Extent of physical effort required:
Routine job requirements. Moderate frequency of physical intervention (i.e. assisted or unassisted lifting and transferring; physical restraint). Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
Must provide own tools.
Able to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
Valid drivers license.