1. Enhance or teach independent living skills to individuals served as documented in the individuals' Life Plan and as other opportunities arise.
2. Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
3. Attend initial and ongoing training in a timely manner to meet the needs of individuals served, and meetings as requested by supervisor.
4. Provide or assist with arranging transportation of individuals served to and from functions and activities.
5. Report health, safety, licensing and ANE issues to supervisor or others as appropriate per agency policy.
6. Serve as an active life plan team member by attending or providing information for the life planning process as agreed upon with supervisor or requested by the person served.
7. Represent DSNWK with professionalism and individuals served in an advocacy role in all activities.
8. Ensure individuals served are treated in a dignified, respectful manner and their appropriate preferences and choices are part of their everyday life.
9. Implement crisis intervention strategies including physical restraint, lifting and transferring according to agency policy as necessary.
10. Become familiar with and implement the risk management plan for each individual served.
11. Monitor property and vehicle maintenance issues and report concerns to supervisor.
12. Plan, provide, and assist with activities which promote community integration.
If certified as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA), may be required to administer medications and complete treatments according to DSNWK policy.
Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager of Supported Living.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience - Prior personal or job related exposure to people with developmental disabilities is preferred.
Extent of physical effort required - Routine job requirements. Moderate frequency of physical intervention (i.e. assisted or unassisted lifting and transferring; physical restraint). Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
Valid drivers license.
Desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Able to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.